I got Shilled on Ebay

Page 3 of 3
On 11 Nov 2004 10:49:25 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@citrix.com (slindars) wrote:

He won't come clean... he already has your money, why should he say "yeah, I sure screwed you"?
Report it.. it won't do you or anyone else much good (the max penalty is banning that name from ebay) but it is putting ebay and other "ebayers" on notice....
I guess I still suffer from my misspent youth.. I'd have to go kick his ass.. *eg*

Was the person showing you the drill press handling the sell/display for someone else per chance? Say, a business he worked for? I don't doult it happens, but most people are a little brighter than admit it to strangers.
slindars wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 579&item850769536&rd=1
I didn't see any pattern between the seller and alledged shiller, but who knows.
FWIW, $73 still seems like a decent price. I understand that shilling is illegal, immoral, wrong, etc...but keep things in perspective.

536&rd=1
OK, I'm confused. There were no $25 bids on that auction. The starting price, which the seller sets, was $25. I see absolutely no reason to assume that the other bidder has anything to do with the seller. In fact, they each have been ebay members for 5 years or more and have several hundred feedback comments. Normally a shill has a fairly short lived fake account, not one with massive activity in both buys and sales over 5 years.
Dave Hall
snipped-for-privacy@cs.com (David Hall) wrote:

I think what happened is that the buyer decided after the fact that he bid "too much", and is rationalizing that he somehow got 'cheated'.
-- Howard My opinionated book reviews on sales topics http://book-reviews.hostpci.com