Found an eBay seller with pride in their work

Sorry to do this peeps, but just thought I'd sing the praises of an eBay wholesaler who has pride in their work. Their name "FastLec" and they also have a website here

.

Seems to be a family business, as far as I can tell, and they have things I need at reasonable prices, decent quality and quite a quick delivery time too, so far. Nuff Said.

I don't usually like advertising in the groups, but thought these people needed a little mention if anyone needed anything. Well worth a little browse through.

Reply to
BigWallop

On a couple of sample thingies they seem pretty close to TLC prices - but don't do bulk discount. Which could matter if buying for a complete rewire.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

they do offer this tho:-

Special Project Pricing

How large does the enquiry need to be to qualify for project pricing?

- Not very, we'd be happy to take a look at any enquiries over =A3500

How much cheaper will it be? - It depends on the mix of products as margin's vary but our aim will be to show you a worthwhile saving if we can.

Are you able to beat quotes from competitors? - Just watch us!

I have a large enquiry but I need to buy the equipment over a few weeks, is this possible? - That's fine, in these cases we can agree an overall project discount for you which can be paid to you at the end of the project.

Some of the items I'm interested in aren't shown on your site, can you still quote for them? - Most probably, we have access to the vast majority of electrical products on the UK market, send them over and we'll let you know quickly.

Reply to
jim

All a bit vague though - I prefer a fixed quantity discount as given in a cat, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I am not one for blowing trumpets for anyone, but these people seem to work for their living.

They are, and have been so far, very flexible with pricing a whole project for us. Even beating two of our regular suppliers on occasion. And friendly and helpful to a fault. It's not often seen these days.

Just thought I'd pass on a little recommendation for a supplier that still works for their customers. :-) Something not often seen in the recent years gone past. ..

Reply to
BigWallop

The ?4.95 delivery is the killer.

Reply to
zaax

The message from "zaax" contains these words:

If only .... Delivery Charge £13.95+VAT on a £59 order.

Forget it.

Reply to
Appin

,

Not sure what you mean. Delivery is Free to Most Mainland UK on orders over =A350. Free to Highlands and Islands etc on orders over =A3100

Reply to
Hatsumi

The message

from Hatsumi contains these words:

That's because it's changed within the past week.

I had registered with them to check what their carriage charges would be

-- and then had a query from them with regard to why I hadn't pursued the order. Their carriage charges are now much more reasonable and comparable to the dreaded Screwfix. It should also be noted that they appear to cover the Western Isles which is a significant point.

On the other hand, few compare with Toolmail, for what is in the range they cover. And CPC have a lower limit for free delivery.

The trouble is, of course, that some of the big carriers are doing a nasty cherry-picking exercise, demanding exclusive contracts and promising "free mainland UK delivery" then excluding about a third of the UK mainland from their definition of "UK Mainland", the exception being in the small print.

Had a classic case yesterday -- Operating System software urgently required, company demanded £15 extra for guaranteed next-day delivery, then phoned to say it wouldn't be next day. They could have sent the thing Royal Mail Special Delivery, but of course that would have breached their contract with their carriers. Funny how some companies can do it next day, every time, for no extra charge, while others can't do it next day or next week, but still demand £15 or £20 extra.

But back to the original subject -- all credit to the company in question for revising their charges. I'll happily give them a look now, if I've got an order. It's usually quite easy to gross up an order to £100. However Toolmail collect most of our small orders for things within their range in that carriage charges don't come into the equation and their costs are competitive , so for one-off small items, we dont' need to look further.

Reply to
John MacLeod