I can't find it! a random lament

user wrote in news:fanqph$oka$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org:

This is getting forwarded to alt.humor.best-of-usenet

:-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I am the "go to" guy at work when it comes to computer repair. A lady brought in her computer that needed XP installed on it. It worked when it left my house. A couple weeks later when she finally had time to hook it all up, it didn't work. She complains to a co-worker, "I don't think Fud Pucker knows what he is doing!" The co-worker tells me about it. She later comes to me and tells me, "Fud, it's not working. There is an error on my screen about no signal, and the screws on the back won't let me put the plug in, blah, blah, blah..." "Well, it sounds like you are trying to plug the monitor cable in upside down!" She replies with, "Hey, I'm not stupid. Remember me telling you several weeks ago in the break room about me taking computer classes in school? I have my CNA certification. Anyhow, is coming over tonight to look at it!" I looked her straight in the eye and said, "Well, he knows a whole lot more about computers than I do. He's good" I went out to the co-worker and told him it sounds like she is trying to plug the monitor cable in upside down, told him what to look for. I was at home eating supper later that night and the phone rings. It was the co-worker laughing and telling me I was right...it was the cable upside down. Yes, she is blond.

Reply to
user

He fixed it ... it's HIS problem now. ;-)

Reply to
BillinDetroit