How to sharpen a pencil

Page 1 of 3
Shot on location at The Woodwright's School, Pittsboro NC

http://www.youtube.com/embed/VkSmaFAuaH4

On 6/25/2014 4:13 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:

3 Precicely ROTFLMAO
On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 21:13:18 +0000, Spalted Walt

Thank you so much, Walt. There's about 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Yeah, I know, I could have stopped watching, but it was kind of like watching an ugly woman bend over; you are compelled to look down her blouse, right?
On 6/25/2014 5:28 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

On 6/25/2014 3:13 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW4PMlz9oao

On 6/25/2014 3:13 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:

http://twistedsifter.com/2010/08/dalton-ghetti-miniature-pencil-art/ or this: http://twistedsifter.com/2013/02/pencil-carvings-by-cerkahegyzo/ or even this: http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/peter-trevelyan-pencil-lead-sculptures or this: http://www.wildlifewonders.com/asbatle.html?gclid=CPb8rvKYlr8CFVJefgodTpkA6A

Yep. Still have a couple sharpeners in a box, somewhere. I bet I will run across them in the next couple weeks in my reorganization.
--
Jim in NC

I watched about half of that. Was it serious or was it supposed to be satire?
--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! All of life is a blur
at of Republicans and meat!
On 6/26/2014 9:13 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:

It was text book SNL. LOL
... if perhaps a little over-spec.
This video is ten seconds long, including commentary. I promise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6y-XLjZlps&feature=youtu.be

+1

I want one! Where can I buy that???
On 6/26/2014 11:22 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

thought it was sort of funny but it did make short work of getting that first sharpening on the 20 pencils. You have to be quick with the trigger though; it'll grind the pencil down to the eraser before you know it.

My thought exactly! I keep misplacing pencil sharpeners, even big ones. But I always have a drill around. That would be handy bit to have. I would buy at least two or three of them. No more dull pencils!

This? http://www.homedepot.com/p/C-H-Hanson-Round-Pencils-with-Pro-Sharp-Sharpener-15- Pack-02015/202263665

Thanks for the warning. Next time I'm at HD, I'm going to look for this, and it's going to become a permanent addition to my tool bag.
On 6/27/2014 9:23 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

"Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote in

Home Depot: http://tinyurl.com/legq88l
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

gadgets laying around that plug into a drill. I will add this to the collection. Home depot even tells me what aisle it is on. I need to go down that way today. I will pick one up. I will throw it in the drawer with all my other drill related tools and bits.
On 6/27/2014 2:57 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

sharpener built in.
On 6/27/2014 4:52 PM, Leon wrote:

To me (and to my daughter, who finds some of the things I do comical enough to videotape) it seemed like swatting a fly with a hand sledge.
I'll say one thing; it did make very short work of sharpening all of the pencils the first time. But I can't imagine using it to "touch-up" pencils that have gotten dull, not if I want the package of pencils to last for more than an afternoon, anyway.
Hey, maybe that's what HD throws in the sharpener for free; that attachment can reduce a dozen pencils to a pile of shavings in no time at all.