How to make quarter rounds and to make a diagonal cut with common tools?

Page 3 of 3

You seem to have a rather loose definition of 'safe'.
This is how I would try - caveat emptor!
First, drill a hole in the exact center of the 3x3 at both ends. Scribe a circle around the center, and remove as much waste as you can with the bandsaw. Build a support so that the wood sits like a barbecue spit, suspended from the centers. Mount over a router table, take very fine passes, spinning the wood....
shelly

Which is how the Sears Router-Crafter operates.
BTW, no need for bandsaw.
Lew

Knew it!!! Too late for a patent, right?
just thought the bandsaw would be easier
shelly

Knew it!!! Too late for a patent, right?
I don't think it is even sold any more, at least new, maybe used on eBay.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

If you can find one with all the pieces in good working order. Sears dumped it a while back. Trend in the UK doesn't have it anymore. The Canwood is gone. Entry level for such a device now appears to be a Legacy Ornamental Mill for 1500 bucks and up. I understand that Router Magic (Amazon.com product link shortened) has a chapter detailing how to make such a thing from bicycle parts. I've seen a site with plans for one but can't find it again.