How to make a cut?

I'm making a set of blocks for my son. I have the rectangular solid pieces made and want to make some of the ramp pieces. Basically take a block, 4"x2"x1" and cut on a diagonal. What's the safest way to make this cut? I've toyed with a few different ideas but haven't come up with one that says yeah that'll work.

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Mitchell

Bandsaw, then clean up the edge with sandpaper or a file.

Doug Miller

What you're looking for is called a 'taper' sled (or jig).

Here's a picture of one being used to taper a mallet handle:

's also useful when cutting any small part.

Reply to
Chris Merrill

yep as I was writing the msg the bandsaw idea popped into my head as well. No sure how uniform the blocks would turn out to be but it might be the best way to go.

I haven't measured, but I th> Prep a piece of stock to the correct heighth and width, but make it from a

Reply to
Thomas Mitchell

Reply to
Thomas Mitchell