How to ensure a square L-shaped cut

Page 2 of 2

Thanks for everyone's input. I should have made it clear that I agree that this is only a push stick and the cut does not need to be dead square, but I was also thinking about similar cuts found in other furniture pieces, which is why I wanted to ask about the best technique for obtaining good accuracy. Your advice would help me with those future cuts. ============It's similar to a very long tenon, but too long to cut with a tenoning jig. The other options are to nibble it with the tablesaw, maybe with a stacked dado, or on the router. All said, the bandsaw is the best tool.

Anyhow, I appreciate everyone's input on this matter. I'll stick to the basic hand tools for now. =======Yup. I'd reach for the ryoba and a paring chisel.

A definite brain fart. Skip the hardware; glue alone will suffice. The point being, rotary cutters aren't well suited for inside corners. Absent a need to adhere to arbitrary aesthetics, the same function can be met by building up the piece rather than cutting the notch.

CA glue and accelerant works great for attaching sacrificial heals to a push shoe.
--

-MIKE-

Come on guys, You can make the cut with a Japanese saw or a Carcass saw in less time than it takes to respond to the post. :-)