How to ensure a square L-shaped cut

Thanks for everyone's input. I should have made it clear that I agree that this is only a push stick and the cut does not need to be dead square, but I was also thinking about similar cuts found in other furniture pieces, which is why I wanted to ask about the best technique for obtaining good accuracy. Your advice would help me with those future cuts.

Anyhow, I appreciate everyone's input on this matter. I'll stick to the basic hand tools for now.

Cheers.

Reply to
JMP Tech Guy

Anyhow, I appreciate everyone's input on this matter. I'll stick to the basic hand tools for now. ======== Yup. I'd reach for the ryoba and a paring chisel.

Reply to
MikeWhy

Thanks for the complement. I know a Steve Turner, actually two of them. Do you live in Illinois and did you recently retire? If yes to both questions I'm pretty sure you're one of the two I know.

Gordon Shumway

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

I'm in Austin Texas (Pflugerville, actually) and I'm still workin' for the man...

Reply to
Steve Turner