Laying laminate flooring in L shaped hall

Hi

Laying laminate flooring in L shaped hall.

I have an L shaped hall in which I need to lay laminate flooring, what is the best way to join the strips at 90 degrees, I hope you see what I mean:

I I I I I I I I I I

------------------

------------------

------------------ or some sort or V arangement at the change of direction

I I I I I I I __ I I I I I ___ I I I I _____ I I I

TIA

Paul

Reply to
Curiosity

You don't need to join them at right angles! You lay them all the same way. This simply means that in one part the boards run along the hall and in the other part they run across it. Experiment by putting a few down loose to see which way will look best.

If you can, do a detailed drawing of the whole thing before you start laying to see where all the joints will come - and to check that you won't have any ridiculously narrow strips anywhere. [It's much easier to shuffle it all round on paper - or better still in a CAD system - rather than *after* you have started laying it].

Reply to
Set Square

Exactly-just imagine you are laying them in a square room but with a large chunk cut out to leave an L shape Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Thanks for the suggestions both.

Paul