how to design a compressed air system for spray finishing

hello,

can anyone give me advise on how design my shop with compressed air ffor spray finishing?

I am from the philippines and my hobby is somewhat turning into a business. i would like to know how to make a design to line my shop with compressed air. Its a necessity for being as neat as possible. I would like to know stuff like how thick pipes should be? where to place drains or valves? what kind to use, etc.

thanks in advance!

NORY HIZON

Reply to
Nory

Wilson

Check the Ingersol Rand web site. They have a lot of information available in different forms. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Nory,

Budget systems (without a dryer) should probably use metal pipe and a good run of it to cool the air and let moisture condense.

Here is a link:

This link will show you much quicker than I can explain what I know here.

And it also helped me design mine. I am using copper for mine but near regulators and such I am using brass fittings so as not to torch near these units. If you do copper buy one of those mapp gas torches that turn on and off via one button. The mapp gas canister is throw away and is only like 8 dollars.

Copper, and metal pipe are common material. PVC is a liability due to its shattering upon failure. There are alternative pvc style piping, one of them is called Chem-aire that is ABS and does not shatter.

Sincerely, Rich

Reply to
Rich