spray finishing

I am looking to build a spray boot in my basement. I would like to use it finish cabinet and furniture. Any advice or specialized links would be great appreciated.

Reply to
Mike

Hi Mike:

A spray booth large enough to handle furniture would consist of a back wall, side walls and top. The walls are water proof so that a spray of water is continuously spraying, making a curtain of water on the back and side walls. There is a trough and drain at the bottom so that the water can be disposed of. But I don't think you are going to be happy with this in the basement of your house. The booth will get rid of the over spray if it is built efficiently but there will still be considerable fumes to get into your home heating and airconditioning system. If you can swing it, I would recomment that you put the booth in an outdside house like one of those portable utility buildings you see on lots here and there. My wife would kill me if I put one in our basement. But maybe you have this worked out.

Good luck

Bill

Reply to
Bill Orr

As an afterthought, I happened to think of something else. Suggest you check with your city fire marshal about the fire and toxic hazards.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Orr

I've never seen a water system as described in another response. That would be interesting. We build systems that are filtered air systems. There would still be the problem with the hazardous fumes and the smell that would permeate your house and your neighborhood.

Reply to
Donnas

The waterfall filter is an old industrial type that is not being used as much with the modernation of micron filters.

These filters water and micron do not take away the fumes they trap the particles only

The water units were generally used in mass production facilitie's and were wired to the compressor If you spray booth was not on then neither was you compressor, and that is the legal way they are wired in any industrial plants.And to the best of my knowledge in most states.

There are small spray booths for smaller shops they even have what they call Bench top spray booths In all spray booths there is a long grocery list as to hazard that they actually create that have to be monitered and there is another long grocery list as to the regulations in any given area as to how they are to be set-up

Reply to
George M. Kazaka