How to Clean Wood Glue?

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 07:36:09 -0800, "nevems2" scribbled:

Index finger, which then get wiped on seat of pants and eventually applied to best couch/chair seat, resulting in divorce. I also use scraps of wood. Lately this has been a bunch 1/2"-wide strips of 1/8 baltic birch ply, 6 or 7 inches long.

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

Damm, I came here looking for great insight and inspiration. Seriously, thanks for all the comments, seems like I'm doing exactly what you are are. Thanks again.

Mike B

Reply to
nevems2

snip

I picked this tip up from Rob Cosman's video on making hand cut dovetails: he uses a flexible artist's knife for applying white glue. The knives are very cheap and in this situation at least are far better than acid brushes which I buy in quantity whenever the woodworking show arrives in town.

Reply to
LDR

they're called palette knives. you can buy them in different shapes and lengths.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Try cutting the bristles to half-length before use. I like them a lot better after cutting them.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 01:28:36 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Lew Hodgett quickly quoth:

Horse hair or plastic bristled? I prefer the horse hair. Snip some short for tight spots where you want a precision dab. Paint can caps work well as containers for refilling the brush.

You hang with the wrong wimmenz, Lew.

--- - Sarcasm is just one more service we offer. -

Web Applications

Reply to
Larry Jaques