Best KD hardware for melamine?

Hi Guys, I picked up some of that maple finish melamine from the Borg and plan to use it to build a bookshelf. I need it to be knockdown so what is the best type of hardware to use? I usually see stuff with the cam type hardware but doesn't that require one end of the "stud" to be threaded into the edge of the piece? Not sure if I can make those threads. Appreciate any input from you. Thanks, Gene

Reply to
Gene T

The camming hardware, also called "minifix" I think, will work. The stud simply screws into a hole that's drilled into an edge, no tapping required. You may need a forstner-type bit and a jig to locate your drilling points for the cams, but it's no big deal. Tom

Reply to
tom

Reply to
Pat Barber