How teaching math has changed through the decades

1. Teaching Math In 1950s
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit?
2. Teaching Math In 1970s
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?
3. Teaching Math In 1980s
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit ?
Yes or No
4. Teaching Math In 1990s
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20
Your assignment: Underline the number 20.
5. Teaching Math In 2000s
A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers, and if you feel like crying, it's ok).
6. Teaching Math In 2050
هاتشيرو تبيع كارلواد من نهاب 100 لار . تكلفة الإنتاج هو 80
دولاراً . كيف الكثيرمن المال ولم؟
On 3/27/2015 9:18 AM, Leon wrote
OK Sorry Doug!
I am getting older and I am forgetting how to send e-mails.
I meant to sent this to my son. I have done this twice this week.
"Leon" wrote in message

But it did have a wood theme so at least you weren't completely off topic... ;~)
On 3/27/2015 10:18 AM, Leon wrote:

--
Jeff

"Allah Akbar!"