Has Bostic contact adhesive changed >?

Went out to buy another 250ml tin yesterday and paid £5.99 for it.

When I got home I noticed that the previous tin still had its price sticker - £9.49 and I think it was bought at the same store or another branch of same store about 3 years ago.

Perhaps the almost-used tin was mis-priced in the first place, or have Bostic fiddled with the content ?.

Since it uses very strong solvents, I wonder how they cope with VOC2010 anyway ?. The wording on the tin hasn't changed, but has slightly different warning symbols for inflammable etc.

Reply to
Andrew

I think the "glue-sniffer" version containing Toluene was withdrawn from sale to joe public years ago. The main solvents in modern Bostik seem to be Xylene and Ethyl Acetate.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Does it perform as well as the older stuff? Evostik doesn't seem to since the solvent change.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

IME yes it does, maybe with a bit of a thinner snot-like consistency ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes Evo stik is rubbish but still pongs. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Good to know. I need some contact adhesive for a job I'd once have used Evostik for, so I'll try it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)