Has Bostic contact adhesive changed >?

Went out to buy another 250ml tin yesterday and paid £5.99 for it.
When I got home I noticed that the previous tin still had its price sticker - £9.49 and I think it was bought at the same store or another branch of same store about 3 years ago.
Perhaps the almost-used tin was mis-priced in the first place, or have Bostic fiddled with the content ?.
Since it uses very strong solvents, I wonder how they cope with VOC2010 anyway ?. The wording on the tin hasn't changed, but has slightly different warning symbols for inflammable etc.
Andrew wrote:

I think the "glue-sniffer" version containing Toluene was withdrawn from sale to joe public years ago. The main solvents in modern Bostik seem to be Xylene and Ethyl Acetate.

Does it perform as well as the older stuff? Evostik doesn't seem to since the solvent change.
--
*The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.*

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

IME yes it does, maybe with a bit of a thinner snot-like consistency ...

Good to know. I need some contact adhesive for a job I'd once have used Evostik for, so I'll try it.
--
*Never test the depth of the water with both feet.*

Yes Evo stik is rubbish but still pongs. Brian
--
----- -