Nothing has changed, Archie Bunker

An episode of Archie Bunker's Place just now, that was as accurate as 42 years ago.

First there's an oil shortage so there isn't enough gasoline and the President wants people to turn their thermostats down to 65. Archie says there is no oil or gasoline shortage, it's all because of the Democrats.

He explains how there is a pill you can put in your gas tank with water and go 250 miles. When is it coming out? It's not, because the oil companies gave the guy 3 million dollars and sent him to Sordid Arabia and gave him 7 wives with veils so he doesn't have to look at them.

Then another guy invented a mixture of seaweed and chicken poop that gets very high mileage too. Did the oil companies buy him off, too, Arch? No, they killed him.

Then he goes home, gets sick with strep, Edith and Murray think they made him sick by keeping the house and bar so cold, but the doctor says it's his fault, when Arch brought Stephanie in last week, the doctor didn't know he had strep and he coughed in Archie's face.

So the things that are hoaxes, Archie thinks are true; and the things that are true, Archie or some people today think are hoaxes.

And diseases spread by exhaling.

Reply to
micky

That reminds me. Classic TV

Dean Hoffman

Hi micky,

When will you stop posting your infantile politics to the repair ng?

Reply to
Arlen Holder

I'm waiting for a Harbor Freight fusion reactor I can drop in to my '83 LeBaron.

Reply to
Roger Oveur

'64 Malibu..

rbowman