How difficult to make

This table would be perfect for my small dining area. The price is steep and therefore, wondered how difficult it would be to make. The hardest part I think is finding the extension mechanism/sliders. Any input?

Meanie

to build this project.

If you still want to tackle the job, double that estimate and look again.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

That EXTRA long table extension is why the table is expensive. And as far as it reaches it needs to be made of top quality materials and specifications or else your table will sag under it's own weight, much more with something actually setting on it.

You may pay as much for that extension as the whole table.

What price do you consider steep?

Reply to
Leon

That EXTRA long table extension is why the table is expensive. And as far as it reaches it needs to be made of top quality materials and specifications or else your table will sag under it's own weight, much more with something actually setting on it.

It starts at $9000

Reply to
Meanie

be cheaper to add a room on to put a real table in, plus you got to keep chairs somewhere, stuck under a table is an excellent place.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

be cheaper to add a room on to put a real table in, plus you got to keep chairs somewhere, stuck under a table is an excellent place.

basilisk

No doubt and it doesn't even come with chairs. Though, it comes with 5 leafs and a wall mounted holder for them. Wooo hooo!

Reply to
Meanie

drawer slides looked cheap.

Reply to
Father Haskell

area?

On folding chairs?

The only time I can see that happening is at Thanksgiving when you've got a passel of kids participating in the meal. At that time, a couple of WalMart folding card tables should sufficiently serve.

Reply to
HeyBub

didn't initially look at the price. $9K IS steep!

I have a custom work table (painted white, too) that looks as that table. For 3 weeks, I've been trying to give it away. You can come get it.

I have another custom work table, with 1 drawer, I'll give away, once I clean it off. It's surface is carpeted (higher end than the above table!?).

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

It doesn't need to be exact. There's always the option of a smaller version and yes, Thanksgiving would be the only time we seat that many but no kids.

Reply to
Meanie

HMMM, I have this strange feeling you're very far from me. Damn, I would so love to get it. ; )

Reply to
Meanie

The prices for all their furniture is expensive. The bunk beds for instance are starting at $12000. The other stuff reaches $20000 plus. It's all made in Europe and the space saving furniture is from a manufacturer called Grei or something like that, located in Italy. It's very cool looking stuff and facinating what they can do but those prices are completely outrageous.

Reply to
Meanie

The extension pieces look like ball bearing drawer slides that have been fastened to each other. It might not be too hard to pull off. The slides will run about $20/pair.

Reply to
DanG

"Meanie" wrote in news:k5utv3$qn6$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

There was someone here that posted a SketchUp drawing of some homemade slides to make something like this. I thought I downloaded the drawing but can't find it. I'll look some more but if anyone else remembers please chime in.

Larry

Reply to
Larry

Mom's round table was 4 feet across ans stretched to 16 feet. It looked a lot like this one, except the slides were all wood.

The only metal in the whole thing is a hand full of screws that secure the legs.

By the way, I love that table, grew up (sorta) playing on it,

But for $9000 it's a real bargin and it's yours if you want it.

:)

Reply to
Richard

> I didn't initially look at the price. $9K IS steep!

3 weeks, I've been trying to give it away. You can come get it.

it off. It's surface is carpeted (higher end than the above table!?).

Long long ago. Far far away.

Reply to
Richard

used to store all umpteen of the spare table leaves?

-- Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. -- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Meanie" wrote

Not if they are selling and making a profit. If I can make and sell one for $12,000, it is far better (for me) than making 12 that sell for $1000.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

+1 Done many, many times before.
Reply to
Dave

Larry wrote in news:XnsA0F2D048BEB13none@

127.0.0.1:

I found the drawing if you're interested in looking at it. It is exactly what you're looking for. Let me know the easiest way to get it to you. If you can see the binary group I can post it there if you would like, otherwise the easiest would probably be to email it.

Larry

Reply to
Larry