How would you make this pull?

How would you make this pull? I was thinking a 1/2" radius round over for the top and blending it in by hand, but I 'm not sure how to do it and still keep all 10.

Any ideas?

POSTED IPICTURE IN ABPW

Reply to
stoutman

Draw out the profile as if it's sitting on a table top and you're looking at it from the side. Based on Rockler's dimensions, it would be mushroom shape 1" wide and 3/4" tall. Duplicate the pattern numerous times (I'd just draw it out on my computer and print it).

Then, take a 1.5" x 1.5" square of maple 1" thick (to go with your son's dresser, right?), and tape your pattern on two adjacent sides, lining them up in the Z direction. Cut out the profile using a scroll saw like it was a big thick jigsaw puzzle. After you do it in the X direction, tape the two pieces back together, and then do the cut along Y.

When you're done, just soften it up with some sandpaper or a file.

Josh

Reply to
Josh

How did you know that was a Rockler. That was pretty good. :)

That's not a bad idea, its just that it might be difficult (for me) to be consistent from pull to pull.

Thanks for the input!

Reply to
stoutman

This was asked before in another posting and apparently the asker found "it".

Me, I'm a little slower when it comes to abreviations so I'll ask again.

What is ABPW?

Pete

Reply to
cselby

ABPW stands for Alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. It is another newsgroup that allows photos. You will need to search for that group on your newsreader and subscribe to it. Some ISPs do not carry binaries, so you may need to go to Google / groups / search for the group. ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reply to
DanG

Google doesn't carry binary groups.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Rout/Shape using a longer piece, then cut off. You can perhaps cut out some with the TS before routing to reduce strain.

Reply to
Guess who

I wouldn't. I would make do with whatever mass produced pulls I could find from a vendor or make something myself that could be done relatively quickly, simply and without necesitating acts of woodworking prestidigitation.

Some seemingly simple things are just not practical to make. I also don't make hinges, screws, nails or shaker pegs.

Joe Barta

Reply to
Joe Barta

I'm glad that you're not the only one that thinks that. Helps my business.

Reply to
CW