OT Movie Zeitgeist

My girlfriend got me to watch this last night. It's a documentry that will get most to think. It's not for most unless you appreciate a different point of view. I better put my fireproof flame suit on.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

Zeitgeist: The Movie is a 2007 documentary film by Peter Joseph. It asserts a number of conspiracy theory-based ideas, including the Christ myth theory, alternative theories for the parties responsible for the September 11 attacks in 2001 and that bankers manipulate the international monetary system and the media in order to consolidate power.

The film was released online on June 18, 2007, on zeitgeistmovie.com.[1] While the film has been praised by some for the professional-level quality of its pacing and editing, and for its compelling narrative, _it has been criticized for factual inaccuracies and the quality of its arguments, with critics describing it as "agitprop" and "propaganda"_.

[2][3][4][5] A sequel, Zeitgeist: Addendum, focuses further on the monetary system and advocates a resource-based social system influenced by the ideas of Jacque Fresco and the Venus Project. Following Zeitgeist: Addendum, Peter Joseph created an organization called the Zeitgeist Movement to promote the ideas of Fresco's Venus Project.[6][7][8][9] An updated version of the original film was produced in 2010 entitled Zeitgeist: Final Edition.[10] A third film called Zeitgeist: Moving Forward was released theatrically on January 15, 2011, and online on January 25, 2011.[11] Peter Joseph has stated that its topics are focused on human behavior, technology, and rationality.[12] The film has a 220-page long "companion source guide", available on the film's website, in which sourcing for the movie's content is detailed.[13]
Reply to
Richard

That's #191 on my to-be-watched list at Netflix. Is it worth moving up the ladder quickly? The blurb sounded intriguing:

"Peter Joseph explores the controversial links between organized religion, the global financial markets and the international power structure in this thought-provoking documentary that probes several well-known conspiracy theories."

-- Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. -- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Don't forget to don your tinfoil hat.

Reply to
-MIKE-

If you want conspiracy theories and just plain 'far out ideas', there is plenty for free on Youtube. Some are actually interesting - this one for example. When there is nothing worth watching on TV, which is most of the time, I'll poke around here:

John

Mike, I'm about 40 minutes into it right now and enjoying the bloody hell out of it. It stronly confirms my own opinion that religion is merely a social control tactic. I can't wait until they start covering money matters...

Y'mean 24/7/365 for all 500+ channels? OK.

Friends of the Library sale yesterday. Cost me a buck. Michael Crichton, Tom Clancy, W.E.B. Griffin, Alex Berenson, Tom Harper, and Maj. James B. Woulfe, USMC.

-- EAT RIGHT, KEEP FIT, DIE ANYWAY. --anon

Aw, Hell. Gimme CHOCOLATE! --LJ

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It does give you something to thnk about on many levels

Reply to
Mike M

sounded like every other overactor on the teevee (which I had 'put down' 6 years ago) and I couldn't stand it. I could almost see the extra exclamation points flowing from the screen, I could.

Which does: Zeitgeist, the Youtube link, or the books?

-- They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority. -- Gerald Massey, Egyptologist

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Pretty much, most of those channels are either old movies, old TV series, pay per view, games or someone selling something, Direct TV runs channels numbered over 999. I honestly never counted them but found that the movie channels (HBO and such) are a waste of money. I have NFL ticket but will probably cancel it after the free subscription runs out. Just not enough content for the price, although I will miss 'Read Zone'.

I read a lot of those when I was young - sigh - a very long time ago.

I'll second that!

Reply to
John