OT. On the box last night.

Building Britain. We seem to be getting more and more government propaganda on the Beeb these days. This was about persuading people that extending Heathrow was a good idea and also HS2 was marvellous.

Reply to
harry

In which case it should have been called Sinking Britain.

Reply to
Davey

I hear the BBC are commissioning a new series for 2013 entitled "Whinging Britain". Maybe you should apply.

michael adams

michael adams

I saw that. In fact I was rather taken aback when I fund he came from Ashtead because the nagging feeling I knew him as a teenager crept in and I didn't live a million miles away either.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I don't think anyone around here would think extending Heathrow with another runway in each direction would agree no matter whether it was propaganda or not. I wonder what the Queen thinks she cops it at Windsor when they fly the other way.. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Can't they just extend Heathrow about, ooo, 16 miles eastwards ;)

JGH

Reply to
jgh

Her fault for building a castle so close to an airport.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And in a flood plain.

Reply to
Steve Firth

that's the moat

Reply to
charles

And installing electricity.

Reply to
harry

It's not in a flood plain. It's adjacent to one, but there's quite a climb from the riverside to the castle gates.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

That's just unplanned development, building a bloody great earthwork without planning permission.

Reply to
Steve Firth

They did have PP - from themselves, and built to Euro building regs. Part P hadn't been invented.

Reply to
hugh

Too bloody right, I bet she fiddled the planning permision too. ;)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yeah, you really can't trust glaciers.

Reply to