How are these shelves mounted?

http://ww1.westelm.com/cat/pip.cfm?src=&pgid=p189&lidg108864&gids=p192&cmsrc=rel
Anybody know how these are mounted on the wall?
They are usually mounted using a wooden cleat ( square bar ) that attaches to the wall , the shelf has a recess in the rear the bar fits into so it's hidden. Screws are then run through the shelf either from top or bottom depending on the design and into the wooden cleat, securing it to the wall.
Do a Google for floating shelves and you can see some examples of what I'm talking about.

Larry Bud wrote:

http://ww1.westelm.com/cat/pip.cfm?src=&pgid=p189&lidg108864&gids=p192 &cmsrc=rel
Either with a cleat as booger said or with rods that are inserted into the wall and matching holes in the shelves. Still another way is with a couple of round head screws in the wall and slightly recessed plates with screw head slots on the backs of the shelves.
-- dadiOH ____________________________

The website says mounting hardware included, I didn't look around the site but there may be a FAQ section hidden in among the cookies. Drop them an email an ask what system they use.
--
Archangel - Jack of all trades, mastering some...

Archangel & RavenSky's personal pages:
Larry Bud wrote:

http://ww1.westelm.com/cat/pip.cfm?src=&pgid=p189&lidg108864&gids=p192&cmsrc=rel
Maybe http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=2&pQ93

Yep. I use looooong molly bolts with nylon standoffs. Cheaper by far, works well.
I pitch the mounting holes ~2 degrees up.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

My guess would be something more like this:
http://www.dlawlesshardware.com/hanplatheavd.html
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
no(SPAM)vasys wrote:

Perfect!
Thanks everyone. Almost time to get back into WW now that the golfing weather is nearly over!
Could be but not with 1.25" shelves shown in the OP link Joe

I don't know, but I wouldn't put any weight on them- they're made of chocolate....
My wife purchased (grumble inserted here) some floating shelves from Pottery Barn. They used keyhole brackets.
Roger

http://ww1.westelm.com/cat/pip.cfm?src=&pgid=p189&lidg108864&gids=p192&cmsrc=rel