Help - Shelves are fallin

B > There are three shelves in my office/junkroom that are screwed into B > the wall (drywall) with screws into plastic anchors. They held for a B > couple of years, but now the top screw came loose and left a big hole. B > What can I fill the hole with that I can screw into to keep the shelf B > in place?
To fill in the hole you could use spackling compound -- available in a small plastic container about the size of a coffee cup. Should be with the painting supplies section. You will probably also need a putty knife or similar broad- flat-bladed device to apply and smooth.
Personally I would re-install all the mounts for your shelving into the wall studs. Use a sufficiently long wood screw: the length neds to go through the bracket, through a half-inch of sheetrock/dry wall, and then into the stud by an inch or more. If you need to keep your shelving mounts as-is I would use a molly instead of the plastic anchors. A molly has a flange which expands behind the sheetrock to increase the surface area.
* Procrastination: What I plan on doing if I ever find time.
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.