How about a Square Taper Adapter?

See the threaded adapter in the following photo:
http://www.goantiques.com/scripts/images,id,1936086.html#image2
I can make those here... But I need an example or the specs on the square taper size, length, etc.
Any known sources for such info?
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 x113 01.908.542.0244 Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills: http://www.Multi-Drill.com Production Tapping: http://www.Drill-HQ.com/?page_id "6 VIDEOS:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
V8013-R
On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 08:56:48 -0500, "Joe AutoDrill"

Measuring one of my bits:
Taper is 3/8" on the flat at the widest point, 1-1/4" long and tapers to 7/32" at the narrowest point. I don't think the exact dimensions are critical.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Jack - Perfect! Thank you.
I'll be making some parts shortly and testing.
Much appreciated.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
On 12/16/2011 8:56 AM, Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Your goal would be to allow people to use more modern bits in a bit brace? I'm certainly not knowledgeable enough to say, but it doesn't seem to me that most of the bits we would use with electric drills would be well suited to a bit brace. I remember using them as a kid occasionally with my Dad.
You know what could be really handy in a location with no electricity? Those "push drills", or whatever they were called. Before cordless tools, those were awfully handy for drilling pilot holes, and for driving the screws, for that matter.
On 12/16/11 11:53 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

Yankee screwdriver.
--

-MIKE-

On 12/16/2011 1:08 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

special bits that stored in the handle. Small, portable and never need charging. I may have to dig around and find those, even for my own use. But working with no power? Those would really be a blessing.