HOME DEPOT SELLING UNISAW???!!!???

Anybody get the copy of Home Depot "Tool Book?" I was taken back as I turned the page to see a Delta Unisaw and then the DJ-20 Joiner. I feel like I've been cheated on. But I paid for it...so I feel like I've been cheated on by a hooker. I guess all is fair in Love and woodworking.
Don

Can You Also buy the tool book right at Home Depot ? Thanks, Tony D.
Local Home Depot said they could order ANY Delta product when I asked a year or so ago - BUT don't hold your breath
On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 01:08:49 GMT, "ANTHONY DIODATI"

snipped-for-privacy@interoz.com writes:

The "Toolbook" catalog was mailed to my house. Many of the items - like the Unisaw - say "catalog/Internet only."
Bruce Barnett wrote:

why not just go to the local Delta Dealer and have them order what ever delta tools you want http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e 7
--
Richard Clements

Richard Clements wrote: ...

'cause most places don't have such and animal, maybe?
On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 19:01:29 -0600, Richard Clements

I got that catalog as well. Looking through it, it appears to be attempting to be a first attempt toward a Tool Crib of the Amazon, and, less the hardware and other supplies, a Woodworkers' Supply, or Woodcraft type distributor. Certainly would be a shame to see the Borg put the squeeze on those outlets of quality equipment, material, and advice. I'm sure the prices and service to start with will be stellar, but if they follow their standard business model, that will fall by the wayside as their competitors dwindle.

Last year, they gave me one for free, but I haven't gotten one this year.

LOL! This is where you google posters really do need to learn to quote some context. I went running to my local HD to find out when they were giving out the free unisaws, and they didn't know what I was talking about! ;-)

I got the tool book in the mail, but don't have it here. I can look tonight, but to end the suspense, what is the big deal abut the Unisaw and the DJ-20 Joiner? Am I missing something?
Tx. Jeff
Well....just did a search on HD's website for "Delta machinery" all the big stuff like cabinet table saws, RAS, 14" lathe, 14" BS (enclosed motor), and such were "temporarily unavailable"....
Layne