Home depot Promotion tomorrow? any good?

I was in a Home depot today and they had the stuff ready to put out for a promotion tomorrow.
if you buy an amount of hand tools, you get back a gift card $25..gets $10 $50...gets $20 $100 gets $40 $150 gets 60 $200gets $80
That seems pretty good, does anyone out there work for HD or know if this covers power tools? Bessey clamps? etc?
hda
On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 20:38:30 -0400, "A.I."

I'm going to check this out. If I can buy $100 worth of K-bodies and get a $40 gift card, that's a great deal in my book. I can always use the card in other departments.
Other than the K-bodies, very few tools at the BORG interest me.
Barry
in message wrote:

SNIP
What's wrong with the DeWalt compound miter saws, the Bosch jig saws, the Senco nailers, etc. etc.?? I agree, the Borg isn't user friendly, but a sale is a sale and if the price is right, there are still good power tools there.
(notice I didn't mention the Ryobi toy table saws hehe)
I went by this AM, no one was for certain if power tools qualified.

Mike in Mystic wrote:

What about Ryobi band saws? My Lowe's & HD each have a $99.95 9-in benchtop Lowe's has the Delta, and the frame is genuine plastic. (!!!!) The Ryobi, at HD, at least has a metal frame & looks & feels solid.
It's going to be awhile until I can afford the 20" Laguana (sp?) with its welded frame. <g>
-- Mark
On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 15:58:06 GMT, "Mark Jerde"

I'll sell you my 8" Delta for $50 + shipping.
Barry
B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

Send me an email. My addy is easy to de-spamify.
-- Mark
On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 12:34:41 GMT, "Mike in Mystic"

They aren't HAND tools! Only HAND tools are on sale. I can do without Buck Brothers planes and the like.
Other than that, I buy all of my power tools from local power tool dealers, like Woodcraft or Woodworker's Warehouse. They have exactly the same prices as the BORG, with waaaay better service. Often they may also stock a slightly up-level power tool, or kit that the Borgs don't.
FWIW, I bought (4) more K-bodies, a metric socket set, a soft face hammer, and a utility knife, for a total of $201 before tax. This got me an $80 gift card.
Picking up a $3 utility knife for me an extra $20 in card. <G>
Barry
If I read it right tonight, the requirements are an original cash register receipt _and_ the UPC's "from the packaging". So, how the hell do you get the UPC's off the Besseys without tearing them up? I've yet to get one of those stickers off a Bessey handle in less than a dozen little strips.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

Heat gun! One more tool to buy, if you don't have one already!! Greg
I had no difficulty removing the UPC's from the four Bessey's I bought yesterday. I just used my fingernail and a little patience. It did leave a sticky residue which I'll have to remove later.

Mine are already falling off.
A sharp razor blade would easily remove the others in one swoop.
Barry
They apparently use different glue down here in Texas to foil the many more thieves we have. The Bessey's in the shop still have their stickers welded on after two years, and the ones at the store were the same ... I'll see what a hair dryer will do.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

Goo Gone or lighter fluid works well.
Barry
In the North we always say that everything can be fixed with either WD 40 or duck tape. Removing labels is a perfect use for WD 40. Spray on , let sit for about 15 minutes and peel off. Works great.
"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." wrote:

DO NOT do this on some labels. Citrus based solvents have never wiped a label on me.
Yesterday, WD-40 started to remove the lettering and bar code on my soft face hammer label. I was using WD-40 instead of Goo Gone only because it was already out, saving me a 10 foot walk to the shelf. <G>
As usual, test in an inconspicuous area.
Barry