Home Depot and Rigid

Went into Home Depot the other day and noticed a large line of Rigid tools which I had not seen before. Seems they have added a new line of product. Does anyone know much about the Rigid Quality? Or is this just another Ryobi, Black and Decker, Skill etc. piece of crap.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

How long were you on the island Rich?

Reply to
solarman
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

From the rush of them we've seen brought in for repairs lately (supposed to have a life time warranty or something???? I don't even want to know any details) we have been sending them all back to home depot, they apear to look quite well made but are not standing up to home use yet alone contractor use too well.....I think I would avoid them. (also avoid those mentioned above these days & add McCulloch, Talon, Trademaster, King & Jobmate to the list among others). Mastercraft tools made by McCulloch for Canadian tire.....beware almost impossible to get (3yr)warranty work performed at the moment since they pulled out of Canada, insist on a replacement or a refund.

Just my 10cents worth.

Jon (J.D.Power Tool Canada)

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

Get out much, Rich?

Most of them are cheap Ryobis, the better corded tools are very nice (and $$$) German Metabos. I think the big 1/2" drill is a DeWalt DW130, too.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

solarman, decides to chip in.

I just never really noticed the Rigid Line that's all. I have all Porter Cable power tools. So I guess I never really paid any attention to the power tool section. It just seemed all of a sudden I see tons of these orange and black tools I never paid any attention to before. Wasn't Rigid something else in a past life? I really don't even go into HD that much except for material and I usually get that at my Hardwood dealer right down the street.

I have a Porter Cable / Delta Customer Service Center 2 miles from my house and whenever I need a power tool I go there and buy one that's been rebuilt which has the same warranty for about 1/2-2/3 off the suggested retail price. Picked up a 18 volt cordless hammer drill driver for $125.00 couple of weeks ago. Think the next purchases will be a biscuit cutter.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

I really don't even go into HD that much

Nice drive-by. Of course, you suck.

Reply to
Bob N

Didn't HD buy Emerson? That would make the Ridgid tools the usual Emerson piece of crap.....

Reply to
bob

Rich seems to be talking about the new portable tools. Emerson _did_ have the stationary contract with HD/Ridgid, but they're not too cozy now. The Emersons were fine tools for the price, overall.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4