Hitachi still a decent drill?

I see in Lowes ad today an 18-volt Hitachi cordless with 1/2" chuck for $99. Oh yeh, it has a light too. Sounds like a good price so me thinks I'll pick one up Saturday.
--
Paul O.

Paul O. a crit :

I'm using cheap chinese tool, 15$ with 2 batteries 18 volts, i've bought 4 drills, ( 8 batteries ....) it's faster when you have differents size of holes than changing the bit. i never used more than 3 drills at the same time. having 4 drills give me some " back-up"
oliver

That looks like a good price to me too. Complain is don't drop it on concrete, it will crack. I have the 12V Hitachi for couple of years, no complains other than the chuck could have locked in drill bits tighter. Power pack is of good quality too.
Better deal at Lowe's maybe the 14.4V DeWalt NiCad combo with drill, recip saw, circular saw and light for $200 a while ago.

Hitachi. by and large, has never let me down in the past. Some of their stuff went through an ugly (styling) phase, but worked just fine. 99 Dollars sounds like a good deal with 2 batteries. Go for it.
Paul O. wrote:

little hinged Li-Ion driver that's replaced the larger, heavier Dewalt in my work tools. I like them.