hitachi router

M12V Hitachi router with a 3 1/4 horse motor. 1/4 and 1/2 collets and plunges. House sale, wants $100 for router and home made table, router is

3-4 years old. Please advise, just starting out and not sure where to turn when buying. There are bits and other divices included. Is this router known to be a good performer and long lasting.

Thanks, Kevin

Reply to
News

I'm not sure how old the M12V in my router table is (I also have one *not* in a table that's about 4 yrs old) but it has seen many lineal feet of pine, oak, maple, basswood, poplar, some hickory, some mesquite, and a few others. If my memory is correct, think it's almost 8 years old. Check the router for any slop in the plunge mechanism, any looseness in the collet, etc. If it hasn't been abused and the table is any good, I would buy it.

Max

Reply to
Max

My crew and I beat the bejeebus out of those things on a daily basis, Kevin. We fabricate solid surface countertops with them. That stuff is hard on a router. Safe bet is that it still okay. But... look at eBay and Amazon... they're sometimes around for not a whole lot more... I have said it before, many times, it's the best bang for the buck out there.

Reply to
Robatoy

On Jun 23, 12:48 pm, "News" wrote: As the others said. If the router is known good buy it. Its' a good price for a strong router. I have two of them. Table and bits are a bonus.

Reply to
Mike in Arkansas

Kevin,

Thats a excellent way to get started, unless you have the cash to purchase all new tools. You will have a fully assembled router table with some router bits and the excellent M12V Hitachi router, more than a typical starter setup. I paid $70 for just the router (used) a month ago. If you look on ebay, the used ones are hard to find. Its a router people buy and keep, because they like it.

-Joe

Reply to
Nobull4u

It was so good, they discontinued it. Word has it the new one isn't as good.

Reply to
CW

Reply to
Pat Barber