Hitachi Router?

Hi Folks I just bought a Hitachi KM12VC Comination Kit Router at 11 amp - 2 1/4 hp with 1/2" and 1/4" collets. Combination plunge and fixed base too. Does anyone know if this router can be used as a table router?
Ron

I do not know of any router that cannot be mounted in a router table. Work with in it's limits and it should be fine.
We get a TV show here called The Router Workshop that uses Hitachi exclusively if that makes you feel any better!
Tom
Ron ( snipped-for-privacy@greenvillenc.com) wrote: : Hi Folks : I just bought a Hitachi KM12VC Comination Kit Router at 11 amp - 2 1/4 hp : with 1/2" and 1/4" collets. Combination plunge and fixed base too. Does : anyone know if this router can be used as a table router?
: Ron
Thomas D. Ireland wrote:

1/4 hp

Does

Those routers look an awful lot like porter cables to me. Didn't know Hitchai where grey or used two wrenches for bit changes.
ray

Bob Rosendahl and his son did use the Hitchai a few years ago.
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?as_q=Hitachi%20&as_epq=Bob%20Rosendahl%20&safe=images&lr=&hl=en
Too bad my Comcast cable no longer air The Router Workshop. Comcast also no longer air Modern Masters, the Furniture Guys or The American Woodshop with Scott Phillips. Seems to me there is less of Norm too ... all slowly replaced by hot glue stuff, phony painting, decoration on the cheap.

Actually the Router Workshop has "exclusively" used DeWalt also. ;~)
Now they use Porter Cable.

Yeah, I suspect they will use any color that uses the bill. IIRC they were using purple for a while. I suspect no was paying the bill when they were using those routers. LOL.

oups, any color that pays the bill.