Highland hardware

I bought a 3/16" bandsaw blade [wide that is ] which I thought was their woodslicer blade. It failed at the weld [likley too much tension ]. I called and asked if they ccould reweld it, the response was that their wood slicer blades were guaranteed not to fail at the weld and they would replace the blade free of charge. When I got there they informed me it was not a woodslicer blade and did not carry the same guarantee.

They replaced it free of charge anyway, it's this kind of service that keeps me coming back to merchants like this . I am in not way associated with them...

-- mike hide

Reply to
Mike Hide

The Woodslicer is a 1/2" blade. Even better than that blade is Lennox's carbide blade. Far more expensive, it is likely to last perhaps a decade at my rate of use. You can also cut a thinner slice of veneer with it.

The last advantage is the tension you can crank on it. Granted, a Delta or other 14" clone will never get a blade to it's max, my MiniMax gets a 1/4" blade to Lennox's recommended 25,000 PSI, well over twice what a Delta can do. Wiht a carbide blade, and its heavy steel band, just max the tension out; you will ge the same results you get from changing a steel blade to a Forrest or Amana on your table saw.

Reply to
DarylRos