Help! Valentine's Day plan needed

Page 2 of 2
Mark Jerde wrote:

So YOU'RE the reason why we were getting the "I before E except after C" lecture in English 202, to my complete amazement and disgust.
Tom Watson wrote:

Or if she's fat...
get flowers
get floppy eared stuffed dog
get lucky
I hope. Or maybe I should have just bought her the damn chocolate.
Just make any old thing and route/carve a heart in it. If it has a heart, it can't lose. Women can't get enough of that crap.

Take a look at the "stupid finishing blunder" thread below.

Just a thought.......
If you possess the sort of woodworking talents I suspect and have turned out some pieces in the past that you were proud of, your wife/girlfriend noticed how you presented the finished product when it came time to show it. She watched you touch it and speak of how you did this or that to it to achieve the end results. She noticed the time spent and the pride you felt etc. etc.
Now you plan to hand her something you whipped out with little effort and time spent....She might receive it well because that's what she is suppose to do, she might be touched that you made her something and she might even place it on display.....She might also at some point in the future look at it and realize what it really was....a half-hearted attempt to play up on her sentimentality.
Now here's the thought......
When you give this to her, tell her quite honestly that this isn't your best work. She knows what you are capable of. This is to represent the fact that you yourself haven't been what you are capable of and when she looks at this she's to be reminded that this year you plan to ___________.