Happy Valentine's Day

A guy dials his home phone number from work to wish his wife a happy Valentine's Day. A strange woman answers.

The guy says, ?Who is this??

?This is the maid.?, answered the woman.

?We don?t have a maid!?

?I was just hired this morning by the lady of the house.?

?Well, this is her husband. Is she there??

?Ummm?she?s upstairs in the bedroom with someone who I just figured was her husband.?

The guy is fuming. He says to the maid, ?Listen, would you like to make $50,000??

?What do I have to do??

?I want you to get my gun from my desk in the den and shoot that witch and the jerk she?s with.?

The maid puts down the phone. The guy hears footsteps, followed by a couple of gunshots.

The maid comes back to the phone. ?What should I do with the bodies??

?Throw them in the swimming pool!?

?What?! There?s no pool here?? Long pause.

?Uh.. is this 832-4821??

Reply to
Metspitzer

So *there* is a reason why firearms -- even if permitted -- should not be left unsecured

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Great joke.... had me laughing so much I had to wash my eyes. Thanks!!

Reply to
Doug

Based on a made up story?

Well, in that case..... there was a real story from a couple years ago. Been a while, so I don't remember all the details perfectly. State law required guns to be locked up, so the family got a gun safe. Shortly after that, a burglar broke in while the 11 year old daughter was watching the kids. She was a safe shooter, and had fired many times. But, she could not defend her siblings, because the gun was locked up, and they hadn't taught her the combinaion. Even if she had the combo, not enough time to open a safe. She got the phone, and called the neighbor (farm country, far away) and asked himto rush over, and bring a gun.

.

So *there* is a reason why firearms -- even if permitted -- should not be left unsecured

Perce

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

ok$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me...

From the recent story out of California, [Dornor] it seems they should concentrate on banning police officers, not guns.

Reply to
Robert Macy

I will never understand killing the kids. Shooting a spouse in a compromising position, maybe. The kids? No.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman