HELP - Push Block Rubber Material

I want to build some custom push blocks for use with my jointer and table saw. The small push blocks that came with my jointer are surfaced with an approx. 1/4" thick, black rubber gripping material. It is similar to a router pad or camper shelf pad, but heavier.
Anyone know the trade-name or a source for this material?
Thanks in advance RonB
RonB wrote:

Joe

Great!- I have an optical mouse and 3 or 4 unused pads sitting here in the drawer. That'll work.
I wonder if the material is available in strips or rolls for a larger push block.
RonB wrote:

errors would work fine. If they're big enough they may even cut their own pads instead of buying them precut. Joe
Joe Gorman did say:

Nice tip, Joe. Thanks.
--
New project = new tool. Hard and fast rule.

Check the "floats" in the tile section of the home centers. The smaller ones are perfect push pads for jointers. The rubber surface is VERY tough and perfect for gripping wood.
RonB wrote:

AHA! I've got a couple of those, and am done tiling. Thanks for the suggestion!
Dave Hinz

$1 mouse pads - Staples.
Barry

Rubbish ?
All the commercial pads I've used had a rubber finish that worked well enough, but disintegrated very quickly. Often they left black crumbs or general dirt in the surface of the timber.
Mouse pad is good, and harder wearing. Mine use polyethylene closed-cell foam, sold as laminate floor underlay.
--
Smert' spamionam

At the risk as sounding like another of those $&#?)> political posts, the mouse pads win by a landslide. I'll look at the underlay too for a larger one I'm going to build.
Thanks again -- Knew the werck'n crew would come through.
RonB
Look at the borg in the housewares area for shelf liner. They have a closed cell foam in rolls pretty cheap. It's only about 1/8" thick but it works great for push blocks, router pads, sanding pads, vacuum chucks, and prolly a bunch of other stuff.

In the past I've picked up some re-claimed industrial conveyor belt that's come in useful on numerous occasions. Some of the heavy duty stuff has a really high density. Great for your tougher jobs.
On 2004-10-22 00:20:16 +0100, "Pounds on Wood"