Help with dryer vent on glass block window

I have a dryer vent for my new glass block windows. Unfortunately, re-attaching the dryer vent has been remarkably frustrating.

The window is three glass blocks high with the vent installed on the top-most, left corner.

In order to fit the vent around a gas-line pipe that partially blocking this vent, I have the fire-safe aluminim flex-hose connected to an elbow that I want to attach to the vent. The elbow doesn't seem to fit snugly in the vent.

Is there a trick to fitting it snugly? The elbow has two different ends....one is sort of tapered with ridges on the end while the other end of the elbow has a straight opening. I guess the tapered end is considered the "male" end...is that the end I should be fitting into the vent or is it the female end. It didn't seem to want to fit either way.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jordan Powell

Sounds like a STORMIN MORMIN TROLL

Reply to
m Ransley

Pardon? Sorry if my question sounds rudimentary. I really honestly don't know what I'm doing and I don't want to start a fire in my basement!

Thanks.

Reply to
Jordan Powell

The silver ( almost metal looking ) tape found at most hardware stores is good to work with when taping the dryer vent joints.

**Corrected for spelling**

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Thanks everyone for your help and patience of a home improvement newbie. Now that those years of renting are over, I'm off to do damage to my *own* house!

-J

Reply to
Jordan Powell