Helix Forms and Elliptical Gears

I thought there might be some interest in these unusual wooden helix forms in which a helix has been cut from inside of another helix, I have no idea how they were made. This web site has pictures and a video of them:
http://www.stevengarrison.com/id6.html
The same woodworker also created some helical gears that are quite strange looking when in motion, they make their appearance in the video around the 1:00 mark, on this page:
http://www.stevengarrison.com/id5.html
Rob
Rob H. wrote:

I love those gears, man. And you're other woodwork is stunningly beautiful.
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

"You're?" What a dork.