Soft Close Ball Bearing Full Extension Slides

I bought a box of these ball bearing full extension, soft close slides from

and they also offer a self-close (not soft) for a little bit less money.

Does anyone have a lot of experience with these? They seem great but obviously the soft close closes slooooowly. The self-close does not slow down but closes a bit quicker.

Right now, my customers are choosing the soft close over the self-close about 1.5:1 Anyone having a different experience? I prefer not to use the undermounts due to the special cutting, boring and drilling...plus we want full extension and 100lb payload.

tia

hootie

Reply to
hootie

You are almost wasting your time to offer a non-soft close over a soft close slide. I would only offer the soft close, it will reflect your quality of work in a much better light than the non-soft self close and if in the grand scheme of things $3-$5 more per slide should not be a deal breaker. I just finished a kitchen "redo" and wasted my time explaining the 2 types to my customer. They did not care either way, so I quoted non-soft self close and gave them soft for the same price. The end result was a higher feel of quality. They customer was very pleased with the surprise.

I use KV brand, they have a life time warranty.

Reply to
Leon