cabinet slides

I'm redoing my kitchen. The drawers and pullouts I made years ago are still in good shape, so I'd like to reuse them. The slides are OK (side mounted with the release) but surely drawer hardware has advanced. I see that IKEA has the fabulous self closing hinges and you can buy them independently of what they are used on.

Recommendations for what to use? I'll be remaking all the boxes out of 3/4" Maple Ply, so everything is possible.

Also any links to making base and wall cabinets? My ideas are not always the best!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

I've picked up some good quality, lesser brand name, full extension slides on eBay by the box at a much better price than you can get at the Borg. The current trend is towards under-mount slides with a self- closing, soft-close feature. Check out the Blum catalog. Makes great bathroom reading.

RicodJour

Try these guys. The cat's meow when it comes to woodworking and speciality tools. The link here is for the hardware section (slides, pulls, etc), but you can navigate around for cabinetry ideas.

Iowna Uass

Thanks, I'm down with that idea. I'm thinking that the under mount is much easier to align. I didn't see any boxes for sale on Ebay, the sets look like around $30 for a 20", pricey in my book! Of course, I have no idea how they get soft closing, must be magick.

The Blum catalog is a monster, it'll take a while to just get orientated with the online.

I'm looking at the Lee Valley also. Thanks to all.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies