Harbor Freight bandsaw blades?

Any one with experience using HF bandsaw blades?
--
Frank Howell

YES!
hard to tell if the teeth or the back cut better...
As with their sandpaper and other stuff, their machines are a good deal for the money, but buy name brand blades and abrasives.. YMWV
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

Ok, it's back to Suffolk. You never know, sometimes HF gets a new supplier with better performance, and sometimes just a new marketing name for the same old inferior product.
--
Frank Howell

at the risk of sounding like a shill for Olson blades, since I've posted a recommendation previously, try the Olson All-Pro. I bought a used bandsaw about 6 months ago and got the Olson 3-pack for I think 39.99 and these things cut like butter. I guess the HFs are somewhat cheaper, and I've never tried them, but if you're shopping around try Olson.

at the risk of sounding like a shill for Olson blades, since I've posted a recommendation previously, try the Olson All-Pro. I bought a used bandsaw about 6 months ago and got the Olson 3-pack for I think 39.99 and these things cut like butter. I guess the HFs are somewhat cheaper, and I've never tried them, but if you're shopping around try Olson.
Unless the blades are a total waste all new blades will cut well (no flame intended, mjd). It's the longevity of a quality cut that determines the value of the blade. I have no knowledge of the Olsons so I can't comment. I have had good longevity with the Iturra blades. Boy, the name escapes me - I recognized the name but had no prior experience with i t- but he buys spools of blade stock and makes up the standard sizes in-house and can knock out a custom size in short order. I
Frank Howell wrote:

Avoid and go to either Timberwolf or, my preference, Carter. Both work better, last longer and cost less in the long run (actually, the run is not all that long).
Deb
consider bcsaw.com
suggested in an article in FWW a few years back..
I've had good luck..