Handyman Club of America

Is the Handyman Club of America still B.S. ? Did anyone ever really get tools sent to them to test? I know I was a member for a while, a while back, and I never got any, just little drill gauges, and glue spreaders and the like. I forget how the magazine is, is it worth $12.00 a year? How many issues are there? Is this a new thing the $12.00 a year, IIRC it was free before. Thanks, Tony D.

Is it still called Handyman Club of America?
I recall being asked to join as a Charter Member about 12 years ago and a Charter Member again 11 years ago and a Charter Member again 10 years ago and a Charter Member again 9 years ago and a Charter Member again 8 years ago and a Charter Member again 7 years ago and a Charter Member again 6 years ago and a Charter Member again 5 years ago and a Charter Member again 4 years ago and a Charter Member again 4 years ago and a Charter Member again 3 years ago and then they gave up on gettin me in as a Charter Member.
Still BS.

Only those.

IMHO, NO.

It was never offered to me as free.

Yep. Got the Black Drill Gauge in the mail Friday. Can't wait to test the Free Tools! :o)
I got the small bag of putty spreaders. What a joke!!!!!!!!!!! If the putty was thinker than thin soup, they would bend so bad that you could do anything with them.

The tools were junk.. don't remember all of them, but there was a mini screwdriver set, a plastic drill gauge, some folding pliers and a flashlight...
All were harbor freight quality or worse and supposed values were like 5 or 6 times HF prices...
The good part is that she didn't fall for the "charter member" BS... where you spend a LOT of money for a few cheap tools.. Mac https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis/wood_stuff.htm
Their membership cards are real good for spreading glue.

square..... *g*

mac davis (in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com) said:
| cd's might work if cut square..... *g*
That's one of the best ideas yet - thanks!

That *IS* a good idea, eh?
<G>

Mac https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis/wood_stuff.htm
mac davis wrote:

AOHell...that's new one...thanks! I've always called them America Off-Line, or just plain SOL.

Ok Thanks all, Guess I'll forget it.
On 30 Jan 2006 09:18:25 -0800, wood snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Goes back to about 94 or 95, whenever AOL unleashed a few million folks onto the internet and screwed everything up.. *g* We used to write primitive HTLM script to detect AOL users and deny access to our pages.. Mac https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis/wood_stuff.htm
I am a life member and have been since the late 70's. Over the years I have picked up some tricks of the trades and time saving practices from the magazine, (it has shrunk in size since my first one). I have also purchased some of the tools they sponsor. When I went life member the cost was considerably less than you are reporting now and I got a leather bomber jacket, great jacket, included in the life member price. I have been included in some of the product trials, some great and some I could have put my time to better use. All in all I benifited by participating in the club. I am now disabled, lung cancer, but still enjoy seeing the new toys that are being invented, and keeping abreast of what is going on in the field through the magazine. I feel I got my money's worth so you have to decide what value you can get from being a member and where your intrests lie.
Good Luck, Mike