Grizzly Bandsaws with 2 DC ports?

I just got my G0514X and figured I would get around to Ying the DC one of these days; so I just connected to the top port. I sliced off a couple pieces of 12" oak (like a knife though butter!). There was no dust in the bottom compartment where the second DC port is. Makes me wonder if it is really worth the hassle. Anyone with more experience than my 3 minutes? Perhaps there is a good reason for the second port that isn't immediately obvious.

Reply to
Toller

I'd hook them all up. The bottom port helps to keep the dust from building up on the bottom wheel. There are so many air leaks on a BS that the dust can go every where.

Reply to
Leon

If you have 6" duct going to your DC then connecting both ports would be the best thing as you'll be maintaining your airflow. If your main duct is 4" then I think it'd probably be a bad idea to try to Y it, you'd be reducing your airflow where you need it most.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

I have a shopfox 17" and it needs both for good collection of really fine dust from tropical's. and even both is not quite enough always.

Reply to
Steve knight