Great tool prices at Home Depot

This group seems fixated on saying bad things about Home Depot but I will buck the trend and say something good. I have had my eye on a Ryobi oscillating spindle sander that was Christmas priced at $99. The price dropped recently to $87 (in Massachusetts anyway) so I went to buy it. I found an unannounced sale of 20% off all power tools today so I got the sander for $69. My point though is that if you have been eyeing any power tools at Home Depot, they are all 20% off (discount taken at the register - you won't see it marked on the tools). I don't konw if this is nationwide or just in Massachusetts.

I for one don't have problems with home depot like some drone on and on about. Then again, I understand that HD is designed to cater to your average home improvement schlub. It has never intended to be a woodworking supply store. Also, I have never had a problem returning anything to them under any circumstance. This makes me happy!
Viva la BORG!
Frank
Frank ...
<<I for one don't have problems with home depot like some drone on and on about. Then again, I understand that HD is designed to cater to your average home improvement schlub. It has never intended to be a woodworking supply store. >>
I have no problem with them either, except that by patronizing Home Depot I might run afoul of the folks over in the Trading Spaces newsgroup where there's a move afoot to send a message to the sponsors protesting the "designs" of Hildi Santo-Thomas. But thanks to THIS newsgroup I was able to save $40 on my new Porter Cable biscuit joiner (just like Norm's).
Lee

You know of course that your post to this NG just cost me $558 +tax, like I'm really complaining. I bought the BT3100 and the Rigid JP0610 Jointer. Saved $150 though! Wife has to work late tonight so I think I'll go back and snoop a little just for grins.
Dick Snyder wrote:

If I remember correctly, that Spindle sander received some good reviews in one of the WW publications this fall. Seems like a good price to me.
John V