Good website or store to purchase router bits

I have to buy 6 router bits. I have found all the prices on the Rockler website but I have no way to know if they are good prices or not. Most of the web searches I have done show kits of multiple bits. I don't want that - I want the specific bits only. Has anyone found a good website or store (I am in eastern Massachusetts) for me to price compare with Rockler?
TIA.
Dick Snyder
Sets usually mean a few are used the rest are stored. I bought HSS at first then learned carbide means longer life. However you buy them attempt to figure out how/where to store/identify them as you DON'T want them banging into each other in a drawer!
On 3 Mar 2004 11:08:46 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@theworld.com (Dick Snyder) wrote:

Block of wood with a bunch of 17/32 holes in it. Can be as simple as a 2 x 4 or 2 x 6 or can be fancy from scraps of hardwood, routed edge and nice finish.
No, 1/2" holes will not do. Ed

Ain't that a fact! I built a bit storage box with a false bottom approx. 3/4" above the real bottom. Made one set of holes 1/4" and another set 1/2". Wish I read this post several months ago ;-P
Gary
ps: Answer to the original question http://www.eagle-america.com is my online vendor of choice for American made bits. I find they're better quality than MCLS.

www.routerbits.com They carry Whiteside bits, prompt shipping, and only $4.95 shipping on any size order. I've spent a few bucks with them.
Depending on how far east you are in MA, there are a couple of Woodcraft franchises. One in Warwick RI, another near Boston and a new one in Springfield. . I don't know of any independents. Ed
Dick Snyder wrote:

Dick...
Try:
http://www.onsrud.com / http://www.mlcswoodworking.com / http://shop.woodcraft.com /
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

I like MCLS. There of reasonable quality and the price is good. Also free shipping Ed Grant
Ed Grant wrote:

Fairly quick too. I ordered a cleanout dado bit from them and it only took a few days to arrive.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
On 3 Mar 2004 17:54:40 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@sosbbs.com (Ed Grant) wrote:

I will second this. I bought a set from MCLS about a 2 years ago. Even though I do not do a lot of routing these bits have worked very good.
Bill

My first choice is MLCS ( http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/ )!
The bits are a tremendous value. Toss in free shipping and fantastic customer service and ... well, I just don't think you can do any better anywhere at any price.
--
-- Steve
www.ApacheTrail.com/ww/
snipped-for-privacy@theworld.com (Dick Snyder) wrote in message

Since you are in eastern MA: Woodcraft is in Woburn and Rockler has a store in Cambridge. The Woodcraft has Whiteside, Rockler has Amana. I'd say the Rockler store's router bit stock and selection is better most of the time, so I tend to go there for this. Both places also sell less expensive house brand bits. If you don't have much experience with a router, I think you'd be smart to pony up for something dependably good, so you'll know what router bits are supposed to work like. Then you can judge for yourself whether cheap bits are a bargain or not.

I took the time to do a (IMHO) fairly far-reaching comparison of prices amongst the internet vendors for a half dozen of the more common bits I needed: roundovers, spiral upcuts, rabbets, ogee. I checked Woodcraft, RouterBits.com, Rockler, carbide.com (Amana and CMT), Sommerfield.com, MLCS (Regular and Katana), Jesada, and one or two others.
[ It was a slow day at work... ]
What I found is that you won't get a handle on quality that way. And no one vendor consistently had the best price.
In the end - I ended up buying just about everything from one vendor that had quality bits at good prices, decent shipping rates, and a good track record with me.