GLOAT!!!GLOAT!!!GLOAT!!!

Page 2 of 2

arw01 wrote:

Well, I've been using a total from woodworkerssource (?) as encouragement for the local distributors.
Even with their current sale on domestic woods they are putting pressure on them.
What they can't do is let me pick through their stock. :)
Mind you, it may be cheaper to buy wood living in Washington than here in SD.
er
--
email not valid

I'll admit it, Arch.. I never sharpen blades... I keep 3 or 4 of the HF blades around, stock up when on sale, etc...
They cut very well for a while, then when they start to dull, I chuck them into the recycle bin and put another $8 blade in... works for my uses..
(of course, since I got the turning bug over a year ago, I can't find my saw anyway... lol )
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Four bucks a tooth is outrageous. http://www.ridgecarbidetool.com/html/sharpening.htm 40T blade is $14. They do all brands. My DeWalt for the CMS came back better than new.
My experience with cheap blades is that they just don't leave a nice finish when needed. May be OK for cutting some frame work, but not for furniture grade applications.
Dave Jackson wrote:
[snip of suckage reporting]
Remember to use a quality primer before you paint this stuff...
    :-) j4
jo4hn wrote:

Why would he waste his time painting firewood?
Unquestionably Confused wrote:

Firewood!!!! No way I'd burn good framing lumber like that!
Bryan
On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 17:02:22 GMT, Unquestionably Confused

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

B.
Unquestionably Confused wrote:

Well, it certainly won't match his oak firewood if he tries to _stain_ them both, now will it?
- Brooks