Gloat?

UPS rang the door bell and left. Upon opening the front door and hearing the truck drive off I spied a medium sized box setting on my porch and brought it inside the house. From Robert Bosch. I thought HUH? The package came directly from Bosch and inside was a 25618-02 18Volt Litheon Impactor Driver. Case, 2 batteries, impactor, and charger.

Compared to my 12 volt NiCad Makita Impact Driver the Bosch is about the same weight but about 3/4" shorter from chuck to the back end of the drill. The Bosch is about 1/2" wider and about the same height when setting on the battery. The 1.3amp Lithium Ion battery is about the size of a pack of cigarettes and hopefully will last as long as my 2.6 amp Makita. Grip is for smaller hands as my fingers tough my palm when holding the Bosch and it feels a bit un natural to pull the trigger to full speed. The Makita has a grip for larger hands and the trigger is very easy to pull to full speed position. The fan cooled charger charges is 30 minutes, IIRC the Makita takes 1 hour. 3 year warranty and 2 years on the batteries. The gun feels solid and I would likely grab either gun when I need am impact driver.

Did any one else get one? :~) It seems like I may have entered a drawing or answered a survey, I don't recall for sure. Any way I apparently got it for free.

Reply to
Leon

... snip

Strange it didn't come with any written explanation.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

"Leon" wrote

LOL Did any one else get one?

Yeah sure Leon, the tool fairy visited us all today.

I do have a gift at the front door story though. The missus and I moved into a house about 25 years ago. It had a number of strange and storied owners before us. And one of them was on somebody's christmas list. We opened the front door one day and found a large box left by UPS.

We opened it and found it full of christmas food goodies. Things like nuts, dried fruits, sausages, etc. And it was all incredibly high end stuff too. We did not know where to buy anything this good locally.

This went on for about ten years. A couple of christmases, we got a smaller package..Other times, we would get a much larger package. We figure the minimum cost for these packages was $75 and they went up to $250. All very tasty, high quality items in these gift boxes.

And then one year, they stopped coming. To this day, around christmas, I begin to look on my front porch for the anonymous gift box.

But no tools. Maybe I need to talk to Santa.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Damn. I just remembered - I ordered one and entered your address on the form! Just send it on over after you've wiped the drool off of it. Thanks.

RicodJour

Could be one of those test units for the Handyman Club that you get to keep. I got my tablesaw and router that way.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That should sound reasonable but I don't respond to the Handyman Club, that I know of. I think it could have been Tools Of The Trade magazine, or The WoodWhisperior.

Reply to
Leon

Yeah, the only reference was the PO number and it appeared to be a last name and store number.

Reply to
Leon

WOW! Thats great! LOL.

Normally I don't receive these type give aways, but oddly about 10 weeks ago I received a portable 8" DVD player from DirecTV for answering a survey. The survey was in response to me initiating a complaint.

Perhaps it was Santa. ;~)

Couldm't hurt, or fill out more surveys. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Damn. I just remembered - I ordered one and entered your address on the form! Just send it on over after you've wiped the drool off of it. Thanks.

Really?

Reply to
Leon

I believe "This Old House" magazine was given people who submitted a tip that they decided to publish a Bosch impact driver for their submission. Did you send in any work tips to a magazine?

Reply to
Nova

Nope!

Reply to
Leon

Sounds like it was delivered to the 'wrong' house.

We got a prize and it was addressed to a different person. I took it over there and found out what it was. Never got my package.

Such is life.

Mart>>

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

My name, my address.

Reply to
Leon

Heck, if your that lucky go out and buy a lotto ticket. YOU LUCKY BASTARD! he he he.

cm

Reply to
cm

I once got a pretty nice garden tool set by ups. No note. Eventually, I found out it was a thank you gift from the phone company for our phones service at work. After a certain amount of business they send out gifts. My name was the contact on the account.

mike

Reply to
vMike

Never got tools that way but got a coffee maker and some nice coffee. When I opened the package I called ths shipper and and read the packing slip I told them that it had gone to the wrong address (I didn't look on the package)--they told me to keep it.

Reply to
J. Clarke