Glass

Page 2 of 2
Guess that 'funny' plant Mary Jane - is set up for California 'doctor' offices that dispense said medical bio-hazard to the people.
Martin
On 11/1/2011 11:04 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Window_Film/Solutions/Markets-Products/Residential/Fasara_Decorative_Window_Films/Fabric-Frost-Mat_Patterns/
Ahhh, exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you
Leon wrote:

Caution: It seems to be "static cling" rather than permanent.
Leon wrote:

Over in the window-film section of your local BORG you can find a film that does what you want. Think of distorting the plain glass window that the idiot builders installed in the shower. The stores even have films nowadays that mimic stained glass - and mimic it quite well.
On 10/31/2011 2:32 PM, HeyBub wrote:

well is in the eye of the beholder. imnsho, as someone in the glass business, not so well.
On 10/31/2011 4:32 PM, HeyBub wrote:

Hummmmmmm! Did not know that existed. I'll check that out!
Leon wrote:

I have used Krylon Frosted glass finish with good results on an entrance door which was clear. It can be removed with a razor blade or lacquer thinner.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
--
Gerald Ross

Afraid of heights? Not me, I'm afraid
On 10/31/2011 5:38 PM, Gerald Ross wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Looks like the least expensive alternative. I'll keep that in mind, Thanks!

Massive _six_ ounce can for only $7.26? <sigh>
-- When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire. -- Whoopi Goldberg

How about some large-format photographs on cheap 1/8" ply that LOOK like canned-goods-behind-glass? That way, you could photoshop the exact look and image you want.
On 10/31/2011 8:52 PM, Theodore Edward Stosterone wrote:

Well that is a cool idea but my thoughts are that you might still want to see what is behind of each of the 4 doors. Sort of a shape recognition thing.

More and more lately, I've been using acrylic or some other plastic composite in the place of glass when the opportunities present themselves. And, the tinted acrylic gets extra attention. You might consider that for your project. The 'tint' invites someone to try to peer through it to see what's inside. ~ Just a thought.
On 10/31/2011 12:10 PM, Leon wrote:

Thank you to every one, I think I have got all the information I need. Swingman provided my with "the guy" to do the glass and now I don't have to pick a particular glass with so many alternatives available for existing glass.
Theodore suggested prints of what we would like to see mounted on plywood and that is a cool idea. We have discussed to some length adding custom sized quilts with seasonal themes should we decide the plain glass reveals too much. My wife being a quilter could take care of that.