General Seal a Cell

We went to ST. Louis the other day and I picked up some General Seal A Cell golden oak. I tried some on a sample piece this morning and it's a little lighter then the other golden oak stain I have. Would it be ok to mix a little darker stain (minwax) to it to get it to match? I went to their website and it didn't really address this problem. Thanks, Mike
--
Mike S.
snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net

Thanks Leon, I tried that but didn't make much difference. I went back to General's website and sent them a email. Mike S.

Mike: I did exactly that on a recent project. The medium walnut was a hair too light, so I added about 10% dark walnut and it was perfect. BUT--Leon's right, don't mix brands. BTW, I did this with General's approval since they are 10 miles from me and all it took was a call.
Bob