General International 50-185 price

So after further consideration, I have decided to put the General 50-185 on my list of possibilities. Thanks to some of the replies in my earlier post about the Craftsman 22114 vs the Ridgid TS3650 I found a GI distributor about 120 miles away. I figured it was worth the drive to check it out since we're not talkin about chump change. Well, its truly a solid saw and seems to be every bit as good as what I have heard. The down sides are that the guy said it could be several weeks before I could have one because they are on constant back order and he told me that the best he could do was $699 (US).
Is $699 a good deal? Do you know of a better deal? Im guessing it doesnt come with a blade so I'll have to buy one along with a mobile base at time of purchase pushing the cost to around $850-$900. Just seems high for the use I'm gonna give it as a weekender.
Thanks for opinions/info. Mike W.
Price is about right. I paid $699 + tax for mine with the 52" rails. I think that's the normal price for the 30" rails. No blade included with the saw. I would highly recommend getting the mobile base when(if) you purchase the saw. I think the mobile base from General sells for around $50 or so. I don't own the mobile base so can't give opinions on it. The saw is more than I expected though. Good luck in the decision making.
Input from another weekender. I just bought a General, what a huge step up from the Dewalt portable I was using (broke the table top on it, haven't figured that out yet). The general is awesome, however, some assembly is required (bring a friend, it is heavy). When I got everything put together though, it was dead-on. I had every article I own on saw tune-ups and adjustments out on the work bench, and it was dead-on on every check I did. I didn't get the mobile base, I will be getting one though, did I mention it's heavy : )
John C