free plans for toys?

I'm looking for a free plan for a toy train or a car for my dad to make for my two year old. My dad is a retired carpenter and asked for some sort of plan so we all know what we are getting - Does anyone know of a plan that would suit a two year old - ie big wheels, nothing fiddly etc.

cheers, Ross

Reply to
ross

If you were in the USA, I'd suggest Rockler's, as they have parts such as the wheels, axles, and so on in their stores. Perhaps there is a arts & crafts store in your area which might have what you're looking for? Usually, if they have the parts, they'll have suggestions on how to use them as well, is what I'm thinking.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Is there a public library nearby? If so, check out the books and magazines on woodworking. Good luck. Joe

Reply to
Joe_Stein

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

Re: free plans for toys? Group: rec.woodworking Date: Wed, Jul 28, 2004, 9:48pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (Dave=A0Hinz) says: If you were in the USA, I'd suggest Rockler's,

Ah, but he did say free. Regardless, there's always google, If he uses "free toy plans", aith the ", he'll get 93 hits, with the first one:

And, if he tries it without the ", he'll get 1,740,000 hits.

Where is he then?

JOAT Expensive tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe.

- Bazooka Joe JERUSALEM RIDGE

J T

Mark Hopkins responds:

his offerings a different flavor. The company has been around for a while and responds quickly.

Charlie Self "Did you know that the White House drug test is multiple choice?" Rush Limbaugh

Reply to
Charlie Self

"ross" wrote in news:ce96dr$mf$ snipped-for-privacy@sparta.btinternet.com:

Don't know how much it's for small kids (although I made it for a friend's newborn for future use), but I've got some plans for a 4-car train I made up on

They're not long on instruction, but now that I've made the train (I can post pics too, if desired), I can give some help on the details. Figured it'd be worth a look...

-Richard

Reply to
Richard Boggs

You have a silver tongue Charlie!