Forstner question, freud vs amana

Just lost my 3/4" Forstner. Rolled off the bench, heard it hit, but it's nowhere to be found--either the Floor Monster or the Sawdust Monster must have eaten it.
I'm in the middle of a paying project and can't just let things slide until it turns up, so, need to replace it--choices locally are a Freud Diablo from Home Despot or an Amana from Coastal Tool.
The question is, the Freud has a serrated edge, while the bits I'm used to (cheap Chinese but they've done fine for me for 20 years now, with the occasional stroke from the diamond hone) are the classic Forstner profile. So do the Diablos work OK as Forstner bits or are they another of those brilliant ideas that turns them into glorified twist drills? I'd rather save the drive down to Coastal if I can.
On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 16:53:44 -0400, "J. Clarke"

If you're talking about saw toothed bits, it's my understanding that they work best in a drill press. If you're using a drill press, then you should be ok.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?pE533&cat=1,180,42240

I have a serrated edge set I bought from Woodcraft many years ago - probably Chinese. The set runs to 2" or so and I've never had any problems with the bits, from the smallest to the largest.