for Leon, Charlie b, and other Domino users

Hey Guys, What do you think of this "accessory" to the Domino? Say you want to match up a rail to a leg or post and the indexing pins on the Domino are not suitable for any number of reasons. Do you think that if there were some domino shaped centering devices-similar to those dowel ceter makers-that these might aid you in lining up where to put the mating slot? The device could have a small protruding pin that would put its mark slightly above the top plane of the slot so you could locate the position with the tool's cursor. Anyway, it was just a thought- and I already sent it to Festool so you can't scoop me on this. Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

Cool thought but, The Domino can be lined up free hand the same way a biscuit joiner is lined up. Make a mark on the wood at the center point of the mortise to be cut and line that up with the center mark on the fence window.

Reply to
Leon