flexible shafts are breaking too often

I have a Foredom and a genric flexible shaft tool. Both are tearing up the shafts and rubber sheath. I can't get but a few hours before something breaks.Sometimes the rubber sheath melts, sometimes the inner shaft snaps. I have used alot of grease but that doesn't help.Can anybody tell me how to extend the lifes of these shafts. Thanks

You're bending them too tight
whumphrey wrote:

See items 6 - 10 under "Motor Related Questions" from a link on Foredom's web site at:
http://www.blackstoneind.com/foundations/store/storepage.asp?page Qs
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

if you're tearing them up that fast you should switch to a heavier duty machine. try a die grinder.